I am a buffalo sauce girl and I love dipping just about anything in that spicy sauce! I even prefer it over red sauce, pesto sauce and sometimes ranch!
This fun vegan twist on buffalo tacos will have you tossing crispy tempeh slices in bold buffalo sauce, folding them in warm tortillas alongside your homemade ranch dressing, and topping them off with a crunchy apple & celery slaw.
A healthier alternative to your regular street taco!
1/2 cup hot sauce
3 tbsp vegan butter
1 package tempeh
4 oz celery
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
6 corn tortillas
1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted, sprinkle with salt, and remove the Buffalo sauce form the heat.
2) Slice the tempeh into thin strips, about ¼ inch thick. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (included in your box). In batches, toss the sliced tempeh in Buffalo sauce and transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and marinate for 10 minutes. Reserve remaining Buffalo sauce for Step 4.
3) Thinly slice the celery and scallion and add to a medium bowl. Slice the apple into thin, ¼ inch sticks and add to the bowl. Add the apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
4) Place the Buffalo tempeh in the oven and bake until lightly browned, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the tempeh from the oven and drizzle with remaining Buffalo sauce.
5) Wrap the corn tortillas in foil or a damp dish towel and pop them in the oven until warm, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the Vegenaise, dried dill, garlic powder, and 2 tsp cold water. Whisk the ranch dressing well and season with salt.
6) Lay the warm tortillas on large plates and top each with Buffalo tempeh and celery apple slaw. Drizzle with ranch dressing. Serve any remaining slaw on the side.