Its the week of Thanksgiving! And the best part about it is the leftovers. This layering of Thanksgiving flavors includes roasted Brussels sprouts, crispy green apple, and tangy cranberry sauce.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Per Serving
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
7 oz brussels sprouts
1 clove garlic
3oz broccoli slaw
1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
1 ancient grain roll
1 tbsp flour
1 vegan chick'n bouillon cube
1 package Pacific cranberry sauce
1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim and quarter the brussels sprouts and transfer to a baking sheet. Thinly slice the sage leaves and add to the baking sheet. Toss everything with 1 tbsp vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast the sprouts until they begin to brown and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Leave the oven on.
2) Peel and mince the shallot. Mince the garlic.
3) Thinly slice the apple. In a large bowl, combine the sliced apple, broccoli slaw, white balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Pop the ancient grain roll in the oven to warm for 3 minutes.
4) Place a small saucepan over medium heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the flour, stir well to combine, and then whisk in 1 cup water and the chick'n bouillon cube. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thick. about 5 minutes. Taste gravy and season with salt and pepper.
5) Cut the ancient grain roll lengthwise with a bread knife, and then halve again. Top the bottom pieces with 1/4 cup of Pacific Cranberry Sauce. Layer on the roasted Brussels sprouts and some of the apple broccoli slaw. Spread the Follow Your Heart Vegenaise over the top pieces of bread and close the sandwiches.
6) Halve the Thanksgiving Sandwiches and serve with the classic gravy. For optimal flavor, dip every bite. Serve remaining apple broccoli slaw on the side.
Megan The Vegan Mom