My husband Sean loves Potato Salad, I on the other hand have never been a fan. But since it was his birthday, I decided to make him a Vegan friendly Potato Salad.
There are hundreds of variations for potato salad, and I added a few quirky ingredients to spruce the basic version up a bit.
I decided to not mash the potatoes but cut them in bit sized cubes, Sean likes more of a crunchy chunk, then a mashed potato version.
We love pickles in our house. Its a go to snack for us anytime of the year. So we added chunks of pickles and juice to the salad. I know some of my family members hate the taste of pickles, so don't worry, you can easily remove the zesty pickle taste, and your salad will still taste delicious!
This potato salad is gluten free and dairy free! I used vegan mayonnaise that I purchased at my local grocery store.
We took this out on the lake for Sean's 34th birthday celebration. It was super easy to store in the cooler and serve on the boat with the family. Everyone enjoyed it and I even thought it turned out pretty tasty, for generally not loving Potato Salad. Sean said "please make this again soon!!"
(pictured above; All Vegan food, my Cowboy Caviar, my mother in laws Pasta Salad, and of course the yummy Potato Salad.
8 medium russet potatoes
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup Vegan Mayonaise
2 tablespoons mustard
1/3 cup of diced pickles
3 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
1 diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup frozen corn
1. Peel all the potatoes, then dice them into bite sized cubes. Place the cubes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 min.
2. After cooking the potatoes, drain them and place in a large bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice all over the potatoes and stir. Then let them cool while you prepare the dressing.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, herbs, spices, salt and pepper.
4. Chop up the celery, bell pepper, onions, and corn. Then place them in the bowl with the potatoes. After all veggies are mixed in, pour the dressing over slowly. Stir everything together gently.
5. Taste test and see if you would like to add more seasoning, then place in your fridge for 1 hour before serving. I let mine sit overnight in the fridge and it tasted amazing after 9 hours!
6. Before serving sprinkle freshly cut dill and paprika on for garnish.
A little shout out....Happy Birthday to my sweet husband Sean! You make our life so much better and we are so grateful for you.
Chocolate Lavendar Vegan cake purchased from https://www.passionflourslc.com