Just because the label or title of the recipe says "Vegan" doesn't mean its always going to be healthy... and thats okay, because sometimes you need to indulge once in awhile!
One of my favorite lunchtime staples is enjoying a sandwich and chips, and this is my take on the Vegan BLT...trust me, it’s delicious! If BLT’s are something you miss since going plant-based, you’ve simply got to give this sandwich a try.
The star of this meal is, of course, the vegan Bacon! But unlike traditional bacon, Smart Bacon® is free of saturated fat and cholesterol.
What you’ll need:
- Vegan Bread (Click HERE for my favorite)
- Vegan Mayo
- Vegan Bacon
- Sliced tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Toast your bread.
- Add a generous amount of vegan mayo to toasted bread.
- Add sliced tomatoes and lettuce to your sandwich.
- Top with cooked vegan bacon. I fry mine in a pan until crispy!
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of pickles, olives, and chips!
This recipe can’t be any simpler, it’s exactly like a typical BLT but you just replace the mayo with vegan mayo, I like to use Vegenaise or I even use hummus sometimes instead of Mayo to change it up. I substituted the bacon for vegan bacon from LightLife, and it all turned into one delicious sandwich!