This chunky guacamole is easy, authentic, fresh, and unbelievably, out-of-this-world! Am I being biased... absolutely not LOL! Its amazingly good with lime, garlic, onion & cilantro mixed in with wonderful avocados. It’s the best guacamole ever!
We eat guacamole like you cannot even imagine over here. It’s practically a food group for Teddy Graham. He will scream and shout for second and third scoops of guacamole whenever it’s on the table. And I certainly am not far behind by consuming one for breakfast everyday! Good thing it’s healthy. I mean, avocados may have a fairly high fat content, but it’s the good essential healthy fats that we should consume every day. And avocados are high in fiber, rich in vitamin B, E and K and have 60 percent more potassium than bananas.
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted (peel removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice from 1 medium lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- Place the avocado pulp and lime juice in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the salt, cumin and cayenne and mash using a potato masher, leaving some larger chunks for texture. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno and stir to combine. Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.