I had the opportunity to meet Rachel, the beautiful face behind REVIVAL almond butter at a recent conference I attended. She is incredibly sweet and has baby on the way, I am so happy for her. When she handed me a sample jar of her almond butter I fell in love! I couldn't believe the flavor, it was without a doubt the best almond butter my mouth has ever tasted! I couldn't wait to get my hands on more of their flavors.
They stone-grind the almonds in small batches, which keeps the product from ever over-heating and maintaining the quality of nutrients in their delicious almond butter. They make sure to grab the most high-quality ingredients for each jar of almond butter, thus taking away the need for any sugars or preservatives in any of their almond butters.
For this recipe I used their CLASSIC almond butter, and oh boy they turned out yummy!
- 1 cup REVIVAL classic almond butter*
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of water to replace one egg. Whisk in the water until it becomes gelatinous.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond butter, coconut sugar, flaxseed egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda and mix together until very well combined. Add in the chocolate chips and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Measure out two tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave a little room between each one. Bake in two separate batches at 350°F for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are set. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.