This incredible Vegan 7-Layer Dip is totally photo worthy, just look at those colors! It is a full-on party in a bowl. This recipe is really simple to pull together. To make your very own Vegan 7-Layer Dip, you basically assemble each layer over top of each other in a trifle dish. Start with your pico de gallo, then layer the black bean mash over top, followed by corn, guacamole, vegan sour cream (I purchase mine from my local Kroger grocery store), vegan nacho cheese sauce (recipe posted below), chopped lettuce and some diced tomatoes for garnish. Enjoy!
VEGAN 7 LAYER DIP INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 can black beans, drained and mashed
- 2 cups canned corn
- 1½ cups guacamole
- 1½ cups TOFUTTI BRAND Sour Cream
- 1½ cups Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce (below)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes for garnish
VEGAN NACO CHEESE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup shallots, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ⅓ cup vegan margarine
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 Tbsp nutritional yeast
NACHO CHEESE SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Place potatoes, water, carrots, onions and shallots into a medium sauce pan. Boil for 15 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are cooked. Do not drain the water.
- Pour entire contents of pot (all vegetables and cooking water) into a blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend on high for 5 minutes, tamping as needed, until smooth and creamy.
This vegan nacho cheese sauce stores well in the fridge for up to a week. We store ours in the blender container and then just pop back onto the base of the blender and give it a whirl for a few minutes to get things moving again when we want to enjoy it later in the week.
7 LAYER DIP INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium serving bowl or trifle dish, layer each ingredient in the order listed above, being careful not to mix the ingredients as you add each new one to the serving bowl.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator and enjoy the next day.